Italian and English
Fall is a great time to visit Tuscany - and November is a fantastic month in Florence with fewer crowds, pleasant weather, and beautiful red, yellow, and orange colors on the changing trees. So join us during the Thanksgiving week for a holiday celebration in a non-traditional setting. The message of Thanksgiving remains the same - sharing your table with friends or family, making a delicious meal together, and enjoying your homemade meal with great wines (okay, we added the wine part, but it works, right?).
Your English-speaking Tuscan chef will take you through the creation of a wonderful Thanksgiving-inspired Tuscan meal where you will learn new, seasonal dishes to bring home with you to share with your guests in years to come. Pumpkin and squash will be the star – there are so many great dishes from ravioli stuffed with pumpkin, to goat cheese salad with pumpkin cream dressing, to pici pasta noodles with sausage and yellow squash. After preparing an entire meal together, you will enjoy a sit down Thanksgiving feast in a convivial setting with some delicious wines and new friends.
- Joinable cooking classes have a minimum enrollment of 3 people for course activation (except for Sundays which has a minimum enrollment of 5 people). Should the minimum not be reached for the day you have booked, we will contact you with a choice to: pay an additional fee to make the class private, change to another available date, or be fully refunded.
- If you don’t see a specific class you are interested in listed on our calendar, let us know and we will try to activate it for you on the date you want.
- Because we only use fresh, seasonal ingredients from trusted local suppliers and farms, the cooking class menu will vary depending on what is available that day.
- It is essential that you email us ahead of time with any food allergies or preferences you may have so we can accommodate them.
- If you would like to make this a private class just for you and your group, please get in touch for details.
We recommend arriving approximately 10-15 minutes prior to class
No, you do not need to bring any tools or resources; all the materials, tools, and ingredients needed for the courses will be provided by the school and are included in the fee.
Class duration, including meal, is approximately 3.5 hours
Yes, you will be eating the dishes you prepared after about 2 hours of preparation. For the menu structure please check the class description.
It is essential that you email us ahead of time with any food allergies or preferences you may have so we can let you know if we can accommodate them. We will not be able to accommodate special dietary needs without notice on-spot because ingredients and setting are prepared in advance.
Yes, all joinable classes are suitable for kids 6 and above as long as they are under parent supervision. Pasta and Pizza classes are the most suitable.
If you are taking a private class we can accommodate also younger children but we will need to know in advance.
Recipes of all the dishes you’ve prepared emailed to you
A tasting of Prosecco and two fine Italian wines during your meal
Pictures are allowed and encouraged! Our instructors love it when you feel that a dish is camera worthy, so please click away!
Comfortable clothing and shoes (you’ll stand up while cooking). Rings and bracelets need to be removed during preparation. If you have long hair please tie it.
No previous experience is required! We encourage you to ask questions if there is something you don’t understand.