Italian and English
Don't miss out on the opportunity to experience the true flavors of Tuscany at the Florence Central Market! During our tour, you'll have the chance to explore the market stalls with a fun and knowledgeable English-speaking guide. You'll learn all about local produce, gourmet foods, cheeses, meats and more. After the market tour, we'll take a short walk to MaMa Florence Cooking School, where you can learn how to prepare some of the most famous Tuscan dishes. This is a truly unforgettable experience that you won't want to miss!
Enjoy a fascinating morning exploring the bustling Florence Central food market with your knowledgeable food-loving guide. Absorb the sights, sounds, and smells of this incredible foodie dream as you make your way through the different areas and get a feel for just how seriously Italians take their food shopping. The Florence market has stalls heaped with produce raised in the green belt around the city and brought in before dawn by the producers. Besides farm fresh vegetables and fruits, there are incredible Tuscan and Italian gourmet foods, cheeses, meats, fresh pasta, and so much more. Your guide will take you through this foodie paradise to learn about ingredients you will soon be using in your hands-on cooking class at MaMa Florence and perhaps you can score a sample or two or even purchase something to take home with you. You will learn the answers to questions such as: what to look for when selecting tomatoes, what age Pecorino is the tangiest and why some have black or orange rinds, which balsamic vinegar is best for drizzling on gelato, or what cut of meat to ask for when making ground beef ragù. When your tour is done, your guide will take you on an easy stroll of around 20 minutes to MaMa Florence for the start of your class.
- Joinable cooking classes have a minimum enrollment of 3 people for course activation (except for Sundays which has a minimum enrollment of 5 people). Should the minimum not be reached for the day you have booked, we will contact you with a choice to: pay an additional fee to make the class private, change to another available date, or be fully refunded.
- If you don’t see a specific class you are interested in listed on our calendar, let us know and we will try to activate it for you on the date you want.
- Because we only use fresh, seasonal ingredients from trusted local suppliers and farms, the cooking class menu will vary depending on what is available that day.
- It is essential that you email us ahead of time with any food allergies or preferences you may have so we can accommodate them.
- If you would like to make this a private class just for you and your group, please get in touch for details.
We recommend arriving approximately 10-15 minutes prior to class
No, you do not need to bring any tools or resources; all the materials, tools, and ingredients needed for the courses will be provided by the school and are included in the fee.
Class duration, including meal, is approximately 3.5 hours
Yes, you will be eating the dishes you prepared after about 2 hours of preparation. For the menu structure please check the class description.
It is essential that you email us ahead of time with any food allergies or preferences you may have so we can let you know if we can accommodate them. We will not be able to accommodate special dietary needs without notice on-spot because ingredients and setting are prepared in advance.
Yes, all joinable classes are suitable for kids 6 and above as long as they are under parent supervision. Pasta and Pizza classes are the most suitable.
If you are taking a private class we can accommodate also younger children but we will need to know in advance.
Recipes of all the dishes you’ve prepared emailed to you
A tasting of Prosecco and two fine Italian wines during your meal
Pictures are allowed and encouraged! Our instructors love it when you feel that a dish is camera worthy, so please click away!
Comfortable clothing and shoes (you’ll stand up while cooking). Rings and bracelets need to be removed during preparation. If you have long hair please tie it.
No previous experience is required! We encourage you to ask questions if there is something you don’t understand.